Saturday, January 28, 2012

The weekend




{Making cinnamon pull-apart bread, last weekend}
Though they are far too short, I love the weekends.  Tending to my herb garden and indoor winter plants, trying a new wine, spending hours perfecting experimenting with new recipes in the kitchen, and poring over magazines and books; what's not to love?  Here are just a few of the things I've already done or have on my agenda for this, the last weekend of January...

Creamy broccoli cheddar soup.  Check!  We enjoyed this for a late dinner tonight, and it was worth every calorie :)

Sewing a new throw pillow for my favorite living room chair.  Check!  After a lazy afternoon of coffee drinking and movie watching, I spent an hour or so of my evening making a simple, linen throw pillow to dress up one of my favorite spots in our apartment.

Brunch!  This one is reserved for tomorrow morning, when both AChef and I will be home.  Out to Stella's?  In for homemade raspberry scones and mimosas?  That's yet to be determined...

A Syracuse adventure.  Also for tomorrow.  As much as I crave a nice full day with nothing but my favorite slippers, a big pot of coffee and the comforts of my apartment as far as the eye can see, I so easily get ansty for an experience outside in the real world, away from my computer and requiring an outfit that does not include sweatpants or yoga pants.  Current favorite spots include the Creek Walk, Freedom of Espresso and Craft Chemistry, but maybe this weekend calls for something new?

0 comments: