Friday, November 4, 2011

The Trouble With Worrying


I just read this post on Cup of Jo, and it so describes my life.  Twenty-seven?  Check.  In a semi-lasting funk?  Check.  Worrying about my job, my future, my money, my friends, my family, education, and about 25 other things every day of the week?  That's me.  In my defense, I truly believe a couple of these worries are founded, and it can be a good idea to take a serious look at something that might become a larger problem down the road, but still, stress and worry are like a disease for me, perhaps an addiction.  Often, I know I'm over-doing it, but just can't help but get carried away.

Reading Joanna's post makes me feel a bit better, first because it's easy to see what a lovely, happy life she has now (turns out life's path isn't solidified at age twenty-seven) and second, because she offers a creative alternative for reducing stress.  I'm not always a fan of visualizations or meditations, but I think I might just give the Grand Canyon imagery a try.  It's always good to put things in perspective.  Check out Cup of Jo to read about her suggestion for thinking away your stress and worries :)

0 comments: