Friday, November 4, 2011

In the thick of it


A quick glimpse at at a summer of unemployment (I work the school district calendar) and wedding-crafting:

  1. Thank you notes for my lovely bridal shower gifts.
  2. Wine glass.  An weekend evening staple.
  3. Fresh snapdragons from the farmer's market.  There is really nothing like being within walking distance of the farmer's market.  Truly.  Fresh flowers brighten my life.
  4. My favorite candle, Voluspa's 'champaca bloom and fern.'  I buy mine at Anthropologie.  A beautiful, airy, floral scent helps to clear my mind and comfort me.
  5. My computer and my information hub.  Where would I be without this laptop?  I've only had it for two years, but I can hardly remember my life without it.  Good or bad, my laptop has fueled my addiction to blogs, etsy, wedding design, interior design, pinterest, blogging and dozens of other satisfying creative outlets.  During the wedding planning process, it was indispensable for guest lists, gift lists, seating charts, signs, photo inspiration albums and much, much more.
  6. Cell phone, credit card, remotes.  What's a summer off of work without a little TV?  Watching the Today Show over coffee, toast and berries was truly a luxury over the summer.  My cell phone and credit card were my daily companions in contacting vendors, making bookings and purchasing the many creative elements.
  7. Piles of ribbon.  This specific pile was laid out for the creation of our ring nest (we had a moss and vine bird's nest for the ringerbearers to hold instead of a pillow). 

0 comments: