Sunday, May 6, 2012

Dinner al Fresco


Summer is so close!  Anthony and I had an eventful, fabulous, family wedding weekend, and are pleased to be back in our own apartment tonight, relaxing to music, the comfort of our livingroom and the glow of laptop screens (as I blog and he plows through the final days of graduate school coursework).  On Thursday night, we celebrated the new warmer weather and the early arrival of our weekend with a simple, tasty dinner in the backyard:  fresh field greens with tomatoes, peppers and crumbled gorgonzola, a homemade rice pilaf, and pork on the grill for Anthony/spicy black bean burger on the grill for me.  Summer dinners outside are one of my very favorite things.  They signal a freedom and relaxed, intimate atmosphere that makes me feel that life is simple and happy, which is sometimes just what the heart and soul need.

0 comments: