Monday, October 24, 2011

Crafting our wedding

{my peach garden roses}
  I love crafts.

But you probably knew that by now.  When I got engaged over two years ago, one of the first things we did was to set a date.  A pretty typical place to start, right?  With that date in mind, I didn't jump right into the planning, feeling as though I had endless amounts of time, and also that it might be a little silly to start making all the decisions right away (such naivete!).  Though I had imagined a few details in the past, probably while flipping through a Martha Stewart Weddings magazine, or browsing a favorite blog that occasionally featured a wedding craft, I hadn't begin to fully form the idea of what my wedding would look like.

I hate making decisions!  And, for the most part, I'm terrible at it.  The smaller and less vital the decision, the longer it takes me to choose, so you can only imagine the trouble I had picking out the little details of my wedding day.  With so many fabulous and creative ideas out there these days, and all of them so accessible, how is a girl to make up her mind?!  Oh, the privileged problems a wedding sets forth.

In any case, when it came down to it, I did make a few decisions, and if my memory serves me correctly, our day became the hand-crafted, personalized event that we had hoped for.  Now that it's all over and done with, I'm finally beginning to compile my photos and thoughts, and hope to post loads of photos tutorials and my thoughts on the entire process in the coming weeks.  Fingers crossed.

0 comments: